For Job Seekers

Answers to Commonly Asked Questions

Commonly Asked Questions

When will I get paid?

If you are working in the state of Massachusetts as an American Labor Services employee, you will be issued a payment every week on Thursdays. For our employees in Rhode Island, payments will be issued every week on Fridays.

Where do I get time sheets?

Time sheets are available for pick up at any of our four branch locations. You can review our locations online or simply call our toll-free number at 1-844-967-5257.

When are timesheets due for payroll?

Time sheets are due each week on Monday by noon. You can drop your time sheet off to the nearest branch location or simply have your manager/supervisor email the sheet to our payroll department at

Do timesheets have to be signed?

Time sheets should be signed by either your manager or supervisor. These sheets are then sent to our payroll department for processing.

How do I get my paystubs?

To access your paystubs, employees must sign-in to their employee portal. Your login information should be the username and password you used during the application process.

If you lost or forgot your login information, you can call into your branch to reset your login information.

Once you are logged into your portal, you can review all corresponding documents such as paystubs & W2 forms.

When will I be invoiced?

Invoices will be sent out every Friday for the previous week worked.

Where do I direct my invoice questions?

Invoice questions can be directed to our payroll department at

On what holidays does your office close?

You can review all scheduled days and hours our office is closed on our website.

What do I need to bring for the application process?

All individuals seeking employment in the United States must prove that they are authorized to work. The most common forms of identification to establish identity and authorization to work includes:

  • A U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
  • A permanent resident card (with signature or with notation)
  • An employment authorization document card

If you do not have these documents, a combination of 2 or more documents will be needed to prove your ability to work in the United States. You can learn more about acceptable documents by visiting:

Am I allowed to work over 40 hours per week?

Permission to work over 40 hours per week is dependent upon client scheduling.

Do I call ALS or the client company if I am going to be out for any reason?

If you cannot make it to your scheduled shift, employees should follow up with their employer and American Labor Services.

Call your specific branch or our toll-free number, if you are calling after-hours, to leave a voicemail.

Make sure to leave your name, telephone number, where you work, and the reason why you are unable to make it in for your shift.

Do you offer sick time?

American Labor Services offers sick time for eligible employees. For employees working in Massachusetts, employees can use accrued sick time after they reach 90 days of employment.

Employees in Rhode Island are eligible to use accrued sick time after 180 days of employment.

Is travel/tolls/gas paid to and from assignments?

Reimbursement for travel-related expenses are dependent upon the client.

An equal opportunity employer, American Labor Services remains committed to connecting talented employees with companies throughout Southeastern New England. If you have additional questions regarding your employment with American Labor Services, feel free to call our toll-free number at 1-844-967-5257

Proud Member of